Lean Six Sigma Tips: Training
Statistically Six Sigma describes quantitatively how a process is performing. To achieve Six Sigma, a process must not produce more than 3.4 defects per million opportunities. A Six Sigma defect is defined as anything outside of customer specifications. A Six Sigma opportunity is then the total quantity of chances for a defect.
The fundamental objective of the Six Sigma methodology is the implementation of a measurement-based strategy that focuses on process improvement and variation reduction through the application of Six Sigma Improvements.
Tips for six sigma
1. Leadership/top management commitment is crucial and ensure that:
- Organizational goals are aligned .
- Resources are planned for and roadblocks removed.
- A person to lead this effort in the organization is nominated.
2. All leaders should be trained as Lean Six Sigma Champions. This is normally a two-day training session that ensures that the Champions learn to ask the right questions of Six Sigma practitioners. This group includes the steering committee, process owners, and functional managers (like the production manager, maintenance manager, etc.).
3. Include Six Sigma planning within the business operating plan. Ensure that when the operating plan for the next year(s) is being made, Six Sigma project savings become an input for that plan.
4. Select the right consultant to train your Belts.
5. Ensure that the return on training investment is at least 20 times.
6. Get the action going at the shop floor level.
7. Create a certification process for Lean Six Sigma.
8. Develop a mentoring philosophy in Lean Six Sigma.
9. Financial validation of projects is key for Lean Six Sigma. .
10. Never allow Six Sigma to be classified as a quality manager’s job.
MORE INFORMATION – (LEAN SIX SIGMA TRAINING)
Clearly this is an essential business skill. For more information on this course, click on the following link: Lean Six Sigma Training or contact Hayley (011 882-8853). Courses can be held in Johannesburg
Other courses available include:
- Project Management Training
- Lean Six Sigma
- Reception Professionalism
- Telephone Etiquette
- Management of Public Finance Training
- Training in decision Making and Problem Solving
- Training in office Management
- Proper mentoring and Coaching Training Course
- Management Development Training
- Leadership/ People Management Training
- Conducting professional meeting and proper Minute Taking
- Creative Thinking Course
- Interpersonal Skills Tuition
- Sales excellent results Training Course
- Effective and proper Disciplinary Hearing
- Diversity Management Course
- Managing data and Records Course
- Excellence in customer service Training
- Proper Corporate Governance Training
- Conflict Management Skills Training Course
- Understand change Training Course
- Call Centre Course
- Short finance course: Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Communication and Effective Business Writing
- Excel Essentials for Project Management
- Conquer fear of public speaking: presentation Mastery for Managers
- Stress reduction training
- for Team Leaders Supervisory Skills Training Course
- Emotional Intelligence Training Course
- Fundamentals of project management
- Personal Assistant and executive Secretaries Training
- Being assertive Training Course
- Time Management Course
- Professional Report Writing